This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Warm Black & Blueberry Sauce ~ a simple fruit sauce made with blackberries and blueberries with a tangy bite from the fresh lemon juice. With just a little sugar, this versatile sauce is great on just about everything!
More blackberry recipes coming soon!
Warm Black & Blueberry Sauce
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine the berries, water, sugar and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to medium-low. Gently simmer the sauce, stirring frequently, until it thickens and reduces to about 1 cup, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the butter and vanilla. Stir until the butter is melted. Serve the warm sauce spooned over plain Greek yogurt, ice cream, biscuits, pancakes, waffles or a simple Angel Food or Pound cake.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a jar with a lid.
Don’t forget to PIN for later!
If you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen but crave something fresh and sweet, fruit sauces are always a good choice!
Looking for more great berry recipes? We have a
few bunch on SRFD and are featuring blueberry recipes this month. Click on the Blueberry widget below to explore fresh berry recipes. Another great way to enjoy berries is with ice cream – and we love our Lemon Ice Cream with a Blackberry Swirl and our easy Blackberry Frozen Yogurt sweetened with honey! There are so many amazing recipes out there in the world. Remember when we had to reply on index cards written by hand, and cookbooks that everybody had? I love having creative recipes only a click away. One recipe I’ve always wondered about is these BBQ Ribs with Blackberry Sauce from Living Locust. And I’m fascinated by this amazing Blackberry Chia Seed Jam from Two Peas & Their Pod!