This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Zucchini cupcakes with cream cheese icing
- 3 eggs
- 1 ⅓ cups sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 stick of butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box of confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line 18-24 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk the dry ingredients together including flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cloves.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs, sugar, canola oil, almond extract and orange juice. Slowly add the dry ingredients mixing until well blended. Fold in the shredded zucchini.
- Fill paper-line muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
For the icing
- Beat the butter, vanilla and cream cheese together until blended.
- Add the sugar and beat until smooth.
- Ice cupcakes and store in the refrigerator.
Thanks so much for stopping by! I’m looking at wedding venues today with my future daughter-in-law and the birthday boy. Traveling husband is traveling of course. My daughter Allie and I are having dinner tonight and going pumpkin shopping tomorrow. And last but not least, I’m making a Tiramisu Pie! I hope this turns out “prettier” than last week’s pie. I also hope you have a beautiful Fall weekend with blue skies and colorful leaves. Take care!