This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pie No. 3 was selected for my son’s best friend Daniel who moved to Fredericksburg from Chattanooga – last night! Daniel just graduated from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in December and moved here to share an apartment with my son, and he already has a job! Daniel has it together and we’re very proud of him. In honor of his great accomplishments and current life adventure, I asked him if I could make his favorite pie. Chocolate Pecan Pie it is!
Don’t forget to PIN to your favorite Pie Board!
- 1 recipe - Perfect Pie Crust (see notes for link)
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
Prepare the pie crust and fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large (microwave safe) mixing bowl combine the chocolate and butter. Heat on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until the butter is melted, stirring halfway through heating time. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
Mix in sugar, salt, corn syrup, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Add the pecans and stir gently until well blended. Pour the filling into the unbaked crust.
- Bake 50 minutes or until filling is firm 2 inches from edge. Cool on wire rack.
Adapted from a recipe by Karo Syrup
Try our PERFECT PIE CRUST in 3 easy steps. Click HERE for the recipe.
Recipe, photos and notes updated 11-25-2015