This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Pecan Pie – a family favorite for generations.
This deliciously fudgy, rich, sweet and nutty pie is my most requested holiday pie. In fact, this is the only pie our daughter will eat. She says she doesn’t like pie. Go figure! Yup, not buying that one! Even if you’re not a pie lover, like our daughter, or have never made a homemade pie, I bet this is one you’ll love and can make yourself. The filling comes together in just a few minutes. Stir and pour and you’re ready to bake!
Is chocolate pecan pie hard to make?
Allow the unbaked pie to rest a few minutes before baking.
The pie will puff up while baking, but settles back down while cooling.
What does chocolate pecan pie taste like?
Can you freeze chocolate pecan pie?
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be baking friends! When you try our recipe please leave a comment on this post. If you loved this recipe we’d appreciate a 5-star rating! Sharing your experience, variations and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. If you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one. If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked pie crust (see notes for link)
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups pecan halves
- Prepare the pie crust and fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large (microwave safe) mixing bowl combine the chocolate and butter. Heat on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until the butter is melted, stirring halfway through heating time. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Mix in sugar, salt, corn syrup, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Add the pecans and stir gently until well blended. Pour the filling into the unbaked crust.
- Bake 50 minutes or until filling is firm 2 inches from edge. Cool on wire rack.
Here are a few more recipes you might also enjoy:
Recipe, photos and notes updated 11-25-2015