This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
We’ve got the best saucy, crispy and deliciously cheesy, Easy Chicken Parmesan Sliders recipe to share today!
These easy Chicken Parmesan Sliders are the drool-worthy party food that everyone will fight over. Make sure you get to the table quickly because these will disappear in a flash. Our Chicken Parmesan Sliders are flavor bombs that are so easy to make, you’ll be serving them again and again, and nobody will complain! I love a good kitchen shortcut and these sliders are all about convenience. Made with pre-made, frozen all-natural chicken strips, shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese, jarred pizza sauce and a package of Hawaiian rolls. It can’t get much easier!
Did I mention the buttery garlic herb sauce?
To prevent soggy bottoms, the bottom half of the sliced rolls are brushed with the garlic butter and herb sauce and toasted under the broiler until golden brown. This helps prevent the sauce from soaking into the rolls easily and adds plenty of flavor too. The buttery garlic herb sauce is also brushed on the tops of the sliders before baking, and after. These easy Chicken Parmesan Sliders have tons of flavor in one tiny package!
Once baked, sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and more Parmesan cheese, of course!
You can do all the prep work ahead of time but we don’t recommend assembling the sliders until you’re almost ready to bake. No soggy bottoms here! Served warm or at room temperature, your guests and family will enjoy these memorable hearty sliders.
We prefer pizza sauce in this recipe as it’s thicker and more heavily seasoned than marinara sauces.
Jarred pizza sauce has a nice punch of flavor but watch the sodium content in some brands. Pick one made with all-natural ingredients and preferably one not loaded with sugar. A 14-ounce or 16-ounce jar should be just about right for this recipe or you can make your own with our Pizza Sauce recipe found HERE. You’ll want extra sauce to serve on the side for dunking or drizzling the sliders. I like my Chicken Parmesan Sliders a little saucy!
For another easy recipe check out our Hallelujah Ham Loaves (ham and cheese sliders). These sliders are delicious and check all the boxes for amazing party food! If you have extra all-natural breaded chicken strips, try them in these Buffalo Chicken Roll Up Appetizers. An easy appetizer and another favorite of mine! Party on friends 🙂
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be cooking friends! When you try our recipe please feel free to leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
Drool-worthy party food that everyone will love!
- 6-8 frozen, crispy breaded chicken strips (see notes)
- 12 large dinner rolls (see notes)
- 1 cup pizza sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 cups shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic (powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
- grated Parmesan cheese
- extra marinara or pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven and bake chicken strips according to package directions. Cool slightly. Cut each chicken strip into roll size pieces. You’ll need 12 pieces of chicken large enough to cover each roll. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, crushed red pepper and 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley. Stir until well mixed.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Slice the rolls in half lengthwise and place the bottom half cut side up in a parchment lined baking dish, or on a rimmed baking sheet also lined with parchment. Lightly brush the bottom half of the rolls with the garlic butter mixture. Place the pan in the oven under the broiler and cook until the rolls are toasted and golden brown. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Spread 1 cup of the pizza sauce evenly on the toasted rolls. Cover the sauce with the shredded mozzarella cheese, then top with 12 chicken pieces. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and cover with the top half of the rolls.
- Brush a little more than half the remaining butter sauce on the rolls. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the rolls are toasted and the cheese is melted. (Tent with foil if browning too quickly)
- Remove from the oven and brush with any remaining butter mixture. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately with extra sauce for dipping, if desired.
Butter sauce recipe adapted from Damn Delicious
- We don’t recommend making these ahead as the sauce will make the bottom half of the rolls soggy.
- Toasting the bottom half of the rolls is optional but it does help prevent soggy bottoms!
- Use good quality store-bought pizza sauce, or homemade pizza sauce. Or try our homemade pizza sauce found HERE.
- For the rolls we use King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- We use Tyson’s all-natural crispy breaded chicken strips found in the freezer section of your store for this recipe.
Here are a few more tasty recipes you might enjoy:
Make your own homemade Hawaiian Sweet Rolls ~ A lightly sweet roll flavored with pineapple juice for a hearty, fluffy, homemade treat that comes together in minutes. Click HERE to get the recipe.
Hallelujah Ham Loaves (also known as ham and cheese sliders) – Stuffed with chopped sweet ham, plenty of shredded Swiss, diced onions and poppy seeds, these easy make-ahead hearty sliders are just the thing for your office party, anytime get-together, or football-frenzied hoopla! Click HERE to get the recipe.
Enjoy this Cheesy Meatball Stromboli Recipe made with store-bought pizza dough, two kinds of cheese, frozen meatballs and jarred pizza sauce for a delicious and hearty fresh-baked Italian-American experience. Click HERE to get the recipe.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Tricia