This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Frozen Strawberry Margarita ~ a delicious cross between a sorbet and a Margarita, so good it’s almost dessert!
Happy Cinco de Mayo my friends! We’ve been celebrating for a while now, at least with Cinco de Mayo friendly foods 🙂 I love Mexican food and drinks, and even a cold beer is not beyond me from time to time. But I’m a lightweight so drinks with tequila and other hard liquors are few and far between. I enjoy the flavors added by the spirits, but not the other stuff. Gosh I’m such a cheap date! If you’re looking for a non-alcholic strawberry drink, you may want to check out our delicious Strawberry Agua Fresca or this delicious Frozen Strawberry Lemonade!
If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw my post about picking strawberries earlier this week.
I’m head-over-heals for strawberries. I cannot get enough of them lately so it’s a good thing they’re in season now! When I arrived home after a morning of picking these beautiful fruits, I set out to develop an easy Frozen Strawberry Margarita recipe to share and enjoy. After testing a drink or two, tweaking and testing again, I had to take a short nap – seriously, this is the BEST job in the whole world! I feel very blessed to be a blogger and even more so to have you here reading about the fun, delicious recipes that come out of our kitchen.
Okay let me tell you all about this delightful drink.
I cleaned 4 cups of whole fresh strawberries and popped them in the freezer. I like using frozen fruits so you don’t have to add a lot of ice which can water down the intense flavor of the strawberries. The ingredients are rounded out with a little sugar, lime juice and lime zest. Oh … and there’s tequila and orange liqueur. That’s it, the blender can do the rest! To serve, rub a piece of juicy lime around the top of a Margarita glass and dip the rim in a mixture of lime zest and sugar. Sprinkle the leftover lime-sugar on top of the Margarita for a nice sweet touch.
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be cooking friends! If you make our recipe please feel free to leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
Frozen Strawberry Margarita
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 4 cups whole, frozen strawberries
- 3 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces orange flavored liqueur (Cointreau, Triple Sec or Grand Marnier)
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Lime slices and wedges, and/or strawberries for garnish
- Combine the lime zest and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a small plate. Mix well.
- Rub a piece of juicy lime around the top of two Margarita glasses and dip the rim in the lime sugar mixture to coat. Set aside.
- In the carafe of a blender, combine the lime juice, the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, the strawberries, tequila, Triple Sec and crushed ice. Blend until smooth. Depending on the sweetness of the strawberries, you may want to add more sugar to taste. Pour into the prepared glasses and top with a sprinkle of the remaining lime sugar, a slice of lime and a strawberry if desired.
- If the mixture is too thick to pour, allow it to sit for a few minutes or spoon it into the prepared glasses.
- Check the sweetness of your strawberries and adjust the sugar as needed.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Tricia
Leave a Comment