Tasty Grilled Buffalo Chicken Burger Recipe – all the flavors that you about a great Buffalo flavored chicken recipe in one easy burger! Try this spicy, juicy chicken burger with the classic celery stick topper and crumbled blue cheese.
We love our grill. We love this time of year! Now that the rain has stopped, we’ll be cooking up plenty of grilled favorites. Who am I kidding, I just grab a big umbrella and grill in the rain!
With summer schedules just days away, we find ourselves breaking from the nightly tv marathon to working in the garden and sitting on the deck watching the sun go down. On days like these we enjoy a simple and satisfying dinner like these chicken burgers and really appreciate the make-ahead prep-ability.
Ground chicken is probably the most under-utilized of all the ground meats.
It’s a little more wet than most other meats, so adding just the right amount of binder is important. Once seasoned and well mixed, the burgers will still be very wet and you may wonder if they’re going to hold together. Give the chicken burgers 30 minutes to rest in the refrigerator before grilling and they magically firm-up and are ready to cook.
Our recipe has the perfect ratio of wet to dry, so if you add more Buffalo sauce, extra cheese, or any other ingredients, be sure to increase the bread crumbs to help hold it together. Some chicken burgers include egg as a binder, but this burger doesn’t need it.
To insure the burgers are cooked through, we rely on our instant-read thermometer. To be safe, the internal temperature should reach 165F before removing from the grill. Checking the temperature also ensures you won’t over-cook the chicken burgers and dry them out on the grill. These Buffalo Chicken Burgers are a great alternative to beef without loosing the juicy, tender, flavorful components we love in a great grilled burger.
Thanks for PINNING!
We’d love to connect with you on social media! If you try our recipe, please leave a comment, and photo if you have one on Pinterest. If you share on INSTAGRAM use the hashtag #savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love! And we’d be so happy if you would FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER for all the latest recipes and updates.
All the flavors that you love about a great Buffalo flavored chicken recipe in one easy burger! Serve this spicy, juicy chicken burger with a classic celery stick topper and crumbled blue cheese.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons Buffalo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- vegetable oil for greasing the grill
- 1/2 cup shaved celery
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- a pinch of sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 4 toasted buns
- Buffalo sauce
- crumbled blue cheese
- Gently mix all ingredients together and form into 4 burgers. Place the burgers on a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes (or cover with plastic wrap for longer storage.)
- While the chicken burgers are resting, mix together all the celery topping ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the burgers from the refrigerator while preheating the grill. Pour a few tablespoons of vegetable oil into a small bowl. Fold a paper towel into a small square. Using tongs, dip the towel into the oil. Rub the clean grill grate with the oiled towel ensuring good coverage of the cooking surface.
- Preheat gas grill to 375F to 400F. If using charcoal, get the fire hot enough that you can only keep your hand above the grill surface for a about 3 seconds. If you feel it’s needed, carefully rub the grill grate again with the oiled paper towel.
- Place the burgers on the grill and don’t turn until they easily release and are well charred on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Turn the burgers and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Serve on a toasted bun with lettuce, our celery topper and more crumbled blue cheese. Sprinkle with more Buffalo sauce as desired.
We make sure the burgers are cooked through by using this inexpensive instant-read thermometer – click on the photo for more information:
If you decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog. Thanks for supporting SRFD!
And finally, go meatless and still enjoy a delicious burger with our Portobello Burgers with Blue Cheese and Onions. You won’t believe how delicious a meatless burger can be!
I want to try this Veggie Packed Quinoa Burger from A Mind-Full Mom. Healthy and delicious works for me! For a super beefy burger, Grandbaby Cakes nailed it with The Best Latin Burger Recipe. And who could resist these 5 Epic Burgers with Grilling Tips from The Pioneer Woman? Not me!
Thanks so much for stopping by!