This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Grilled Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo – try our delicious recipe for this Italian classic with an easy flavor-infused twist.
We’ve marinated our chicken in a simple but flavorful mixture of fresh herbs, vinegar and oil then grilled to juicy perfection. The savory grilled chicken is a nice contrast to the silky noodles and creamy Parmesan butter sauce, elevating this dish to something special. Fettuccine Alfredo is a rich and satisfying dish and worth the occasional splurge. When served with our marinated grilled chicken, it’s a terrific main course with plenty of protein too!
We grill a lot of chicken and often use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. But we still LOVE grilled chicken breasts too!
Our simple marinade of olive oil, white balsamic vinegar and fresh herbs is a great way to infuse flavor into boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Grilled until the juices run clear, the chicken is tender, moist and perfectly flavored. This marinated and grilled chicken can be added to salads like our Easy Greek Salad Recipe, or to pasta dishes like this Bucatini Puttanesca, or serve as a simple main course protein with fresh vegetables. Any combination of herbs works in this marinade but be sure to use some oregano too. The fresh oregano really adds that something special to the flavor of the chicken.
For convenience, feel free to use store-bought rotisserie chicken in this fettuccine Alfredo.
You can use rotisserie chicken in this fettuccine Alfredo, but if you have a grill and the weather cooperates, try our marinated grilled chicken first. The marinated chicken recipe can be doubled, or tripled and grilled ahead of time making for quick meal prep. You’ll be able to serve 2 or 3 different meals out of one doubled recipe of grilled chicken breasts, with this Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo at the top of the list! Weeknight meal prep shortcuts are the best!
Creamy Grilled Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is a luscious restaurant favorite.
Cancel the reservations because now you can make this trendy restaurant favorite at home! Serve this Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with a cold bottle of wine, a nice crisp salad with our Creamy Italian Dressing Recipe and a hunk of crusty bread for cleaning out the bowl. Leftovers rewarm easily in the microwave with a little milk added to thin the sauce. Easy, delicious and oh so good!
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be cooking friends! If you make our recipe please feel free to leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
Grilled Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
For the chicken marinade:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (basil, oregano, thyme, parsley)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- vegetable oil for oiling the grill grate
For the fettuccine and Alfredo sauce:
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk, or half and half
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
To prepare the marinated chicken:
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together (olive oil, vinegar, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper in a gallon-size zipper-lock plastic bag. Add the chicken breasts and turn to coat. Refrigerate, turning a few times, for at least 3 hours and up to 24 hours.
To grill the chicken (can be made ahead):
- Preheat gas grill on high with the lid closed for 15 minutes or until very hot. Clean the grill grate with a brush. Using tongs and paper towels soaked in vegetable oil, wipe the grates with the oil to prevent sticking.
- Turn the heat to medium and grill the chicken for about 6-8 minutes, then turn and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until clear juices are visible and the chicken is cooked through.
- Tent the chicken with foil and allow it to rest for 15 minutes. Slice and keep warm while preparing the Alfredo sauce. The chicken can also be made ahead of time and refrigerated until needed. If refrigerated, bring the chicken to room temperature for 30-minutes before adding to the sauce. There is no need to rewarm as it will be added to the hot noodles and sauce in the end.
To prepare the sauce:
- Heat a large pot of water on the stove to cook the fettuccine while preparing the Alfredo sauce.
- Pour 1 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of the cream and the butter in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the mixture simmers. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently until the mixture is reduced to about 3/4 cup, about 20 minutes. Off heat, stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of cream, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente, according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water then drain the pasta. Return the fettuccine back to the large pot and add 2 tablespoons of the reserved pasta water. Toss to coat and cover to keep warm.
- Return the cream mixture to simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce to low and add the Parmesan cheese. Cook over low heat until the Parmesan is melted, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of pasta water to the Alfredo sauce and pour over the cooked fettuccine. Toss the pasta and Alfredo sauce using tongs to mix. The sauce may seem a little thin but will thicken as it cools.
- Divide the fettuccine between 4 warm bowls and top with 1/2 a sliced chicken breast on each serving. Serve immediately garnished with chopped parsley leaves, fresh ground pepper and more Parmesan if desired.
Here are a few more Italian inspired pasta recipes you might enjoy:
Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo Bake ~ tender chunks of chicken are nestled in a bed of penne pasta and crisp broccoli with a creamy lemon Parmesan sauce. Click HERE to get the recipe.
Shrimp Scampi with Asparagus and Tomatoes ~ an easy and delicious restaurant quality dish you can make at home! Click HERE to get the recipe.
Everyone needs a great Italian Meatball Recipe! Our tested recipe is easy to make and the results are consistently terrific. These Italian styled meatballs are super juicy, tender and delicious, with easy make-ahead and freezable directions too. Click HERE to get the recipe.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Tricia