This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Tasty Grilled Chicken Skewers with a Sweet Sriracha Glaze
Spicy and sweet is a fantastic combination especially when slathered on tender chunks of grilled chicken.
This simple, sweet sauce caramelizes the chicken, leaving it tender and juicy with a just a little hint of heat. Our easy recipe is perfect for a simple weeknight meal and great for big parties on the deck, too!
Where can you find dry Sriracha seasoning?
Sriracha dry seasoning can be found in the spice aisle of your local grocery store. It’s often displayed near the spice blends, or can be purchased online. However, if you want to make your own, try our Homemade Sriracha powder seasoning made with regular Sriracha sauce.
A quick and easy 30-minute meal
Sometimes flavor is the first thing scarified in quick and easy weeknight dinners. As a result, it can be a challenge to get a flavorful meal on the table quickly. However our chicken skewers are ready to put on the grill in about 15 minutes, and cook in about 10. In other words, our spicy and sweet chicken skewers are flavorful, delicious and ready in under 30-minutes!
With or without vegetables, these chicken skewers are delicious.
Thread vegetables between the chicken pieces before cooking, if desired. Pick vegetables that cook quickly because the chicken will be done in a flash. Anything that doesn’t need a lot of grill time is good. For instance, we like to use onions, mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes but any favorite vegetable will do.
Can you prep grilled chicken skewers ahead?
All the prep work and marinating can be done hours in advance. Mix the marinade ingredients together, then add the chicken. Next, cover and refrigerate until 30-minutes before you start to grill. In other words, grilled chicken skewers make for a stress free dinner that’s delicious and healthy too!
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be grilling friends! When you try our recipe please leave a comment on this post. If you loved the recipe we’d appreciate a 5-star rating! I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. If you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
Grilled Chicken Skewers with a Sweet Sriracha Glaze
- 8-10 skewers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dry Sriracha seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds chicken breasts (about 6 pieces)
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the salt, Sriracha, cornstarch and brown sugar. Whisk to combine. Add the vegetable oil and stir until blended. The seasoning and oil may separate but this is normal. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the mixture in a separate bowl for basting.
- Cut chicken breasts into equal size chunks about 1 ½-inches in diameter. Add the chicken to the marinade and toss to combine. Set aside at room temperature while preheating your grill. Once ready to cook, thread the chicken onto 8-10 skewers leaving a ¼-inch space in between each piece of chicken.
- Oil the grates on your grill using a paper towel soaked in vegetable oil. Heat the gas grill on high until it reaches about 400°F. Decrease controls to medium and grill the chicken skewers until the release easily from the grate and are well charged, about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken skewers and baste with the remaining glaze. Cook for another 4 minutes or until cooked through. Remove to a serving tray and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve garnished with fresh chopped cilantro.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 20 minutes before using to prevent burning.
- Dry Sriracha seasoning is available in the spice section of your grocery store.
- Thread vegetables in between chicken if desired. We love these skewers with tomatoes, peppers and onions too.
- Chucks of pork tenderloin can be substituted for the chicken if desired.
We use these kitchen tools and spice when making this recipe. Click on the photos for more information or to purchase from Amazon.
If you decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog.
Maybe you’re busy wrapping up summer, getting graduates off to college, or taking a late summer vacation. Here’s few more quick and easy dinner recipes that might help. We’re in love with this Grilled Chicken with Nectarine Relish. It’s a favorite at our house!
Another delicious meal is this Orange Barbecue Grilled Chicken with a bright orange flavor, a hint of ginger, and pineapple juice in the sauce. Always lip smacking good!