Don’t forget to PIN these Rugelach cookies to your favorite baking board!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- powdered sugar for dusting
- ¼ cup ground walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Blend in the vanilla and sugar. Add ½ the flour and mix until almost incorporated. Add the remaining half of flour and mix until it starts to hold together in a dough. Remove the dough to a lightly flour clean surface. Gently form the dough into a ball and divide into three equal parts. Roll each part into a disc and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Blend the filling ingredients together in a small mixing bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove one disc of dough and roll out on a lightly floured surface until it is about ⅛ inch thick and 14 inches in diameter. Spread 2 tablespoons apricot preserves around the dough keeping a clean edge around the outside and a 2 inch circle in the center. Sprinkle ⅓ of the filling on the preserves.
- Cut the dough with a pizza cutter into quarters. Cut each quarter into three equal pieces. Starting at the wide end, fold over the corners and about ¼ inch of dough. Roll the Rugelach toward the small end taking care not to wrap too tight or use too much pressure. If you push too hard the preserves will squeeze out and burn when baked. Curve the ends down to form a crescent shape and place the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet or Silpat Mat. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Once cool sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
Here are a few more cookie recipe you might enjoy:
- Pecan Sandies
- Almond Butter Sticks
- Specula’s Spice Cookies ~ from The View from Great Island
- Ginger Toffee Cookies ~ from The Cafe Sucre Farine