This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pin to your favorite Camping Board!
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 packages Simply Potatoes, hash browns or diced
- 1 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 1 dozen eggs, whisked
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the sausage in a cast iron Dutch Oven over a hot coal fire. Remove and drain the sausage on paper towels.
- Sauté the onion in the remaining drippings until tender. Add the potatoes and stir until crispy and lightly browned. Spread the potatoes evenly on the bottom and top with sausage, eggs and cheese. Place the lid on top and add 16 hot coals to the lid.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the eggs are set. Serve!
Adapted from a recipe by Lodge Cookware