Sweet Corn Salsa – Sweet summer corn is the star of this fresh tasty salsa. Great served with chips, on chicken, fish or tacos – it’s great on everything!
I paid another visit to my favorite local farm with the pick-your-own berries. I picked a few baskets of the biggest blackberries I’ve ever seen, and chances are good you ‘ll see something resembling a blackberry dessert very soon. But as I gathered my baskets and headed into the market to weight and pay, a four-wheeler pulling a trailer full of workers went by and each young man was holding a giant basket of fresh picked corn. Fresh picked minutes before – you know I had to buy a dozen and may go back for more. Before I loaded my car with my fresh picked bounty, I was thinking about making Sweet Corn Salsa.
The fresher the corn, the sweeter the kernels – so always try to either use or freeze the corn as soon as possible.
We love all kinds of salsa but this one really hit the spot. Fresh tomatoes, cilantro, onion, a jalapeño pepper and corn are combined with lime juice and garlic for the perfect condiment.
This Sweet Corn Salsa is GREAT on fish, chicken or tacos. Served with chips it is a terrific appetizer or party snack. I bet it would be good on scrambled eggs!
Pass the chips please – I’m making a meal out of this amazing sweet corn salsa!
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be cooking friends! If you try our recipe, please leave a comment, and photo if you have one, on Pinterest. If you share on INSTAGRAM use the hashtag #savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be so happy if you would FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER for all the latest recipes and updates.
- 4 ears of sweet corn, or 4 cups frozen
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 a red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup loos packed chopped cilantro
- the juice of 2 limes, or 3 limes if they are not really juicy
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Cut the kernels off the cobs. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn and quickly sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir. Serve warm, room temperature or cold.
Check the seasoning and add additional salt or lime if needed.
This is another one of my favorite corn salsa recipes – Grilled Corn, Roasted Pepper & Black Bean Salsa – also delicious!
Finally, if you love corn like we love corn, you may also enjoy these terrific recipes:
- Cheesy Corn Casserole with Jalapeños ~ from Saving Room for Dessert
- Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad ~ from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Creamed Corn with Peppers and Bacon ~ from Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Chili Lime Corn ~ from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Did you do anything fun and exciting this past weekend? We did a lot of yard work but if felt great to get it done.
I hope you get the chance to make this recipe – it’s a keeper and so fresh tasting. Thanks so much for stopping by!