This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry is a classic, easy, delicious dish. Everybody needs at least one variation in their recipe arsenal.
|Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry|
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water divided
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lb sirloin cut into thin strips
- 3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 4-5 cups broccoli florets
- 2 small onions cut into wedges
- 2/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup carrots cut into match stick slices
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- hot cooked rice for serving
In a medium bowl combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. Mix until smooth. Add the sliced sirloin and toss to coat.
In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, the remaining 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1/2 cup water until smooth. Set aside.
In a large skillet or wok over medium - medium/high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef is done. Remove and keep warm.
Add 2 tablespoons oil to the wok and stir fry the carrots, broccoli and onion for about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute or until fragrant. Return the beef to the pan. Add the brown sugar and soy sauce mixture to the pan. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve over rice.
(slightly adapted from a recipe on Food.com)
Well happy Wednesday my friends! It was 75 degrees here yesterday, we had an ice storm and snow last week and thunderstorms are in the forecast for today. What strange weather! But if it stays nice over the weekend we might have to warm up the grill and marinate some steaks. And I guess I’ll watch some of the Super Bowl so I’m not the only person in the whole world that can’t discuss the best beer commercials. Ha ha. Thanks so much for stopping by!