This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
For this Chocolate Peanut Pie we recommend using our Perfect Pie Crust Recipe in 3 easy steps. Click HERE to get the recipe and watch the how-to video:
Chocolate Peanut Pie – this easy to make pie is fudgy and rich, with a little salty note from the dry-roasted peanuts. If you love chocolate and peanuts, you will LOVE this pie!
This is without a doubt one of the easiest pies you’ll ever make, and one of the most delicious! If using a store-bought frozen pastry crust, you’re already halfway there. One bowl is all you need to mix up this simple and sweet chocolate peanut filling.
I’ve mentioned this before, but I’ll say it again, simple pies are some of the best!
This rustic pie may look a little homely, but I guarantee it’s loaded with charm. It’s made with simple pantry ingredients and good quality chocolate (not chocolate chips). We’ve stuffed a whole 2 1/2 cups of salted, dry-roasted peanuts in this pie too! Check for peanuts in the bulk bins at your local grocery store.
We love the contrasting textures in this peanut pie.
The filling is fudgy and just a little gooey and there’s plenty of crunch from the salted peanuts. The top caramelizes into a crispy layer almost like a soft brittle. Oh my goodness, this is one decadent slice of pie!
There’s no need to dress up this Chocolate Peanut Pie with whipped cream or ice cream, but you can if you want. I love a slice just like this, no adornment necessary, and you may or may not even need a fork!
Take this Chocolate Peanut Pie to your next holiday gathering and be the hit of the party! Who can resist this perfect pie combo?
Don’t forget to try our flaky crust. It’s perfect with this pie filling.
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be baking friends! If you try our recipe please leave a comment, and photo if you have one, on Pinterest. If you share on INSTAGRAM use the hashtag #savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be so happy if you would FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates.
PRINT THE RECIPE!
Chocolate Peanut Pie
- 1 single, unbaked pastry crust (see link in notes for our best crust recipe)
- 4 ounces good quality semi-sweet chocolate chopped (not chocolate chips)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups salted, dry-roasted peanuts
- Prepare a single pastry crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate. Crimp and refrigerate until needed or if using frozen, follow package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the chopped chocolate and butter. Heat on HIGH for 1 then stir. Repeat with 30-second intervals stirring after each, until the butter is melted. Stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- Add the granulated sugar, corn syrup, eggs and vanilla. Stir until well blended. Add the peanuts and stir gently until well blended. Pour the filling into the prepared, unbaked crust.
- Bake the pie for 50 minutes or until the filling is firm to the touch, 2-inches from the edge. Cool on a wire rack.
Here are a few more of our favorite peanut and chocolate desserts you might like to try:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Meltaway Cookies – for the chocolate and peanut butter lover in your life! These light little bite-sized cookies are not too sweet and get a nice salty bite from the crushed roasted peanuts. ClickHEREto get the recipe for these cookies.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Revel Bars ~ delicious cookie bars loaded with oats and peanut butter mixed together into a tasty crust, layered with silky smooth fudgy chocolate, then topped with more crumbled crust. They are easy to make, travel well and taste delicious! Great for big gatherings, back to school lunches or snacks … or just because. Click HERE to get the recipe.
Here are a few more chocolate peanut butter recipes from our best blogging friends! What a great idea – Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies from Aubrey at Real Housemoms. Talk about decadent! Check out this Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Icebox Cake from Lindsay at Life Love and Sugar. And finally, I cannot wait to try these beautiful Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes from Joanne at Fifteen Spatulas!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Tricia