This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles are some of the easiest guilt-free treats you’ll make all summer!
Keep these popsicles in your freezer for those days when you need something sweet and frozen but don’t want to indulge in a rich dessert. These are pretty healthy and are easily adapted to your favorite fruits. When you find yourself with some leftover fresh fruit, whip up a batch of these delicious Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles.
Made with only 4 ingredients right in your blender, what’s not to love?!
You’ll need a container of your favorite plain Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries, jam and a little milk. I’m partial to Siggi’s brand yogurt (Icelandic skyr) with 0% fat, but you can use 2% or full-fat if you want. I don’t recommend using sweetened yogurt for this recipe as we add a little strawberry jam to the mix and you don’t want to over do it. Depending on the thickness of your yogurt, you may or may not need a splash of milk to reach pouring consistency. You can also add some thin sliced strawberries for a little whole fruit visual appeal. If you don’t have popsicle molds you can also freeze popsicles in small paper cups. They easily peel away and are perfect for parties or big batch popsicle recipes. Check out this post for Fuzzy Navel Cream Pops (2 recipes) for a grown-up party idea made in disposable Dixie cups.
Sometimes the best summer treats are all about quick and easy!
Make the most of summer fruits and enjoy them at their peak. We’ve had an extended strawberry season here in Virginia. It must be a record year because it’s been over 6 weeks since I picked the first strawberries of the season. While these strawberry yogurt popsicles don’t need to be an afterthought, they’re a great way to use up any berries you might have lingering in your fridge.
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be kitchen friends! If you make our recipe please feel free to leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
- 2 cups plain Greek Yogurt, any variety 0% fat, 2%, etc.
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam (more or less to taste)
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 6-8 whole strawberries sliced thin for freezing in the pops (optional)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk, as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 10 popsicle sticks
- Popsicle molds or paper cups
- Add the yogurt, jam, diced strawberries and milk (and vanilla if usininto the carafe of a blender. Process until smooth. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds filling about 2/3 full.
- Using a dull knife or skewer, slide sliced strawberries down the inside of the molds so they’re visible on the outside. Add more yogurt mixture to the top to fill then freeze for 45 to 60 minutes. Remove from the freezer and add popsicle sticks. Return to the freezer until frozen solid.
- To serve, run warm water over the outside of the molds until the popsicles release, taking care not to melt the popsicles. Store the popsicles in layers separated by wax or parchment paper in an airtight container.
If you don't have popsicle molds feel free to use small bathroom sized paper cups. (Like Dixie cups)
It's been our experience that little children aren't crazy about the whole strawberries. Feel free to leave out the whole sliced berries if making these for the littles!
We go a little popsicle crazy in the summertime and can blow through these things in no time. If you want to make popsicles all summer long, check out this amazing post from The View from Great Island for The Top 100 Popsicles of All Time! You’ll find tons of inspiration for just about any popsicle you can think of. Two of our all-time favorites are these Watermelon Popsicles and our Coconut Pineapple Popsicles. Both are unique and deliciously refreshing!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Tricia