This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Try this classic Chicken Piccata recipe with tender chicken cutlets quickly sautéed then simmered in a light lemony, white wine sauce. Serve over pasta with capers and lemon wedges for an easy weeknight meal.
A few shallots and a couple of garlic cloves add a simple punch of flavor to the Chicken Piccata recipe.
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be cooking friends! When you try our recipe please feel free to leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and cut diagonally into 1/2" thick cutlets
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, sliced thin
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 strips of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- extra lemon slices for serving
- Dissolve the sugar and salt in 1 quart of cold water in a large zip lock bag. Seal and shake to dissolve the brine, then add the chicken cutlets and refrigerate for 15 - 30 minutes. Remove the chicken and blot dry with paper towels. Salt and pepper chicken.
- Add the flour to a large plate and set aside. Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Heat over medium heat until melted. Dredge the chicken cutlets in the flour and add half the pieces to the skillet. Do not crowd the pan. Cook until the chicken pieces are lightly browned, about 4 minutes, then turn and cook another 3 minutes on the other side. Remove the cooked chicken to a plate and cover lightly with foil to keep warm.
- Add another tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan and cook the remaining chicken. Add the garlic and shallots to the pan and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the capers and saute 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth, wine and lemon zest strips. Cook over medium high heat until reduced to about 1/2 cup. Return the chicken to the pan and heat for 30 seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the last 2 tablespoons butter and the lemon juice to the pan. Stir until combined. Discard the lemon zest and serve over pasta with lemon slices.