This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You’re going to love this recipe for a simple and delicious Greek Salad Hummus Sandwich!
We recommend a good hearty, thick-sliced seedy loaf with plenty of flavor and texture for this hummus sandwich.
This sandwich hits all the flavors of a great Greek Salad combined with the creamy goodness of flavorful hummus.
This recipe makes four regular sized sandwiches but is easily doubled if needed.
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be cooking friends! When you try our recipe please leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- 10 kalamata olives, chopped
- 3/4 to 1 cup prepared classic hummus
- 8 thick slices rustic bread or 4 pitas
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 Pepperoncini, thinly sliced, stems removed
- In a small bowl combine the sliced onion with 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl combine the feta, olives and 1 tablespoon olive oil and smash lightly with a fork until blended.
- Divide the feta mixture between 4 slices of bread. Scatter the Pepperoncini peppers on top of the feta.
- Top with the sliced cucumber, tomato and onion. Drizzle the onion marinade on the 4 remaining slices of bread and spread with hummus. Season with salt and pepper and fold both sides together.
Sandwich may be made ahead, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and served within 24 hours. Keep refrigerated or in a cooler until ready to serve. Great for picnics!
Here are a few more Greek inspired recipes you might enjoy:
Enjoy this easy to make Greek inspired Layered Hummus Dip with tons of flavor and a great combination of textures; perfect for entertaining! Click HERE to get the easy recipe.
If you’re looking for tender, juicy and flavorful all in one delicious bite, you’ll LOVE this Grilled Greek Chicken Recipe! Click HERE to get the recipe.
Try this Easy Greek Salad Recipe made with crisp, fresh vegetables, feta cheese and olives, and simply dressed with herbs, oil and vinegar. Click HERE to get the recipe.