This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Spicy Honey Glazed Salmon Recipe – delicious, easy and quick!
This flavorful salmon is seasoned with a spicy dry sriracha blend then sautéed in a honey-lime garlic sauce.
If you’re a regular reader here at SRFD, you may remember we recently posted a similar recipe for Spicy Honey Lime Chicken Thighs and a Spicy Honey Lime Shrimp recipe too. This flavor combination is unforgettable and warranted additional exploration in this honey glazed salmon!
There is so much flavor going on, from the tart lime juice to the hot sriracha kick, you may just lick your plate clean! I know I did 🙂 No kidding, really, practically embarrassed myself. Even if you don’t love spicy foods, you can substitute the dry Sriracha seasoning for your favorite spice blend, or just use less to suit your taste.
We’ve heard a lot of positive feedback for these recipes and I’m confident you’ll love this one too.
I’ve also heard that dry Sriracha Seasoning is hard to find in some areas, so we figured out How to Make Dry Sriracha Powder Seasoning at home! The nice thing about this homemade spice blend, you can add-in your favorite herbs and spices and customize it for your family favorites.
Homemade Dry Sriracha Powder Seasoning is pretty intense so be sure to season with care, you can always add more later.
As with similar recipes, we recommend using a large non-stick skillet to cook this salmon.
The honey-lime sauce is less likely to burn as it caramelizes in a non-stick skillet.
The salmon fillets are seasoned with the dry Sriracha, then seared in the skillet for just a few minutes. Once it’s turned over, add the sauce to the skillet and continue cooking until the salmon is cooked through, or to your preference.
You can use skin-on or skin-off salmon fillets for the recipe. I haven’t tried this with other kinds of fish or seafood, other than shrimp, but am working on a basting glaze to use for grilling. Stay tuned!
Our Spicy Honey Glazed Salmon Recipe is loaded with flavor!
The salmon soaks up all the flavor while cooking in this delicious garlic infused sauce. The sauce is a little sticky, a little sweet, spicy hot and tangy-tart but you can still taste the salmon as well. Serve with fresh steamed vegetables and some fluffy rice to soak up all the sauce. It’s that good!
Salmon is a heart healthy fish with a big dose of Omega 3-fatty acids.
It’s nutrient dense, loaded with B-vitamins and it’s a good source of potassium. Salmon is a high-quality protein and is believed to protect brain health and help fight inflammation. Salmon is readily available year round and a wonderful blank canvas for all your favorite flavors.
We buy frozen wild-caught salmon fillets, as it’s more cost effective and fresher than the fish from the seafood case in the grocery store. Fish in the seafood case is usually previously frozen and thawed and may be on display for a few days.
This honey glazed salmon recipe is easy and quick, and so delicious … and we hope you’ll give it a try!
Thanks for PINNING!
Spicy Honey Glazed Salmon Recipe
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- juice of 1 lime about 1 ½ tablespoons
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry Sriracha seasoning more or less to taste
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 salmon fillets skin-on or off
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- lime wedges for serving
- Combine the garlic, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, and black pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the tops of the salmon fillets with the Sriracha seasoning.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high. Add the vegetable oil and heat until shimmering. Add the salmon, seasoned side down. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the salmon is seared. Reduce the heat to medium, turn the fillets and add the honey lime sauce to the pan. Cook the salmon for 3-4 minutes basting with the sauce. Turn the fillets and cook for another few minutes until cooked through. The salmon will flake easily with a fork when done.
- Remove the salmon from the skillet to a serving plate. You can cook the sauce a few more minutes to reduce, thicken and caramelize if desired taking care not to burn. Spoon the sauce over the salmon and serve immediately.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with lime wedges.
- If you can't find dry Sriracha Seasoning in your store, you can purchase it on Amazon or make your own using this RECIPE.
We love easy salmon recipes like our Teriyaki Salmon Rice Bowls with Bok Choy. It’s an entire meal in one bowl.
Here’s a recipe that is so delicious but you hardly ever hear about the cooking method – Poached Salmon with Irish Butter Sauce. It tastes like salmon with hollandaise sauce – yum.
Cozy up with a bowl of this delicious Salmon Chowder. Hearty and delicious and super satisfying.
One of my all-time favorite recipes is this Grilled Salmon & Orzo Corn Salad. Everything combines beautifully into one light and fresh bowl of summer.
You don’t even need fresh salmon for these easy and healthy Salmon Patties. Made using canned salmon so dinner is always in your pantry.
I would love to try this easy Parmesan Crusted White Wine Dijon Salmon. It sounds wonderful!
Also loving this beautiful Brown Sugar Baked Salmon and Vegetables.
And finally, here’s another recipe with plenty of bold flavors – Weeknight Broiled Salmon with Chermoula Herb Crust. Perfect for company and easy too. Enjoy!
Leave a Comment