This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy Spicy Honey Lime Chicken Thigh Recipe
On the table in about 30 minutes!
Quick cooking boneless, skinless chicken thighs are the base of this quick and flavorful weeknight meal. The chicken cooks in about 20 minutes and is finished in a delicious garlic infused sauce that’s sticky, sweet and spicy with a tart citrus tang from fresh lime juice.
We’ve got so much flavor going on here … there’s nothing boring about this chicken dinner!
We were so thrilled with our Spicy Honey Lime Shrimp, I knew it would be terrific adapted for chicken thighs. To add a little more depth to the flavor, we brought soy sauce to the party which turned out to be the perfect compliment for the sweet honey and fresh lime juice.
Can you use other chicken pieces for this recipe?
Yes you can. Chicken tenders, cutlets or chicken breasts are all good choices for this recipe. If using full sized chicken breasts, adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure they’re cooked all the way through.
Chicken pieces should reach an internal temperature of 165F to be safe to eat. When in doubt, pull out your trusty instant-read thermometer and double check.
Ingredients you’ll need for our Spicy Honey Lime Chicken Thigh Recipe
For the sauce:
For the chicken:
- Sriracha dry seasoning
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- parsley for garnish
- lime wedges for serving
How to make our easy Spicy Honey Lime Chicken Thighs
- First, combine the sauce ingredients: garlic, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Next, pat the chicken dry with paper towels and place on a plate or small baking sheet. Season both sides of the chicken with Sriracha seasoning.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and the chicken in a single layer. Cook until the chicken is browned on both sides.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic lime sauce. Cook the chicken, turning and stirring occasionally, until cooked all the way through. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165F.
- Sprinkle the chicken with crushed chili pepper flakes and parsley. Serve over cooked pasta or rice. Garnish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
As mentioned above, this chicken thigh recipe is best cooked in a non-stick skillet to avoid burning as the sauce caramelizes.
What can you serve with Honey Lime Chicken Thighs?
These cooked chicken thighs are terrific served over rice or pasta, basically anything that will help you sop up every drop of zesty sauce. Crusty bread works great too! Served with a side of steamed broccoli or oven roasted green beans, this chicken thigh recipe is super satisfying and very delicious.
Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, or cilantro leaves and sliced lime wedges.
Did you know you can freeze chopped fresh herbs? I don’t like to waste food so if I buy a bundle of fresh parsley or cilantro at the store, I like to use it all before it goes bad.
If you have extra fresh herbs in your refrigerator, too, chop the leaves and pour them directly into an airtight freezer safe container. The herbs won’t even stick together once frozen and retain a good bit of their beautiful color. Whenever you need a garnish or a few tablespoons of fresh herbs, check the freezer for your stash!
Other recipes to make using Sriracha seasoning:
We have several more recipes featuring our favorite Sriracha seasoning. One of the best is these Grilled Chicken Skewers with a Sweet Sriracha Glaze. This chicken is easy, quick and delicious and perfect for a weeknight meal.
If you’re looking for a great way to elevate the flavor of a mild flaky fish fillet, try our Sriracha Grilled Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos. So much deliciousness in every bite and who doesn’t love fish tacos?
Finally, check out our recipe for Spicy Shrimp & Fried Corn and you’ll be amazed at the fantastic flavor combination in our nod to classic Shrimp & Grits.
More chicken thigh recipes:
For a deliciously flavored baked chicken thighs recipe, try our Oven-Roasted Greek Chicken. Made with bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs or breasts flavored with a simple yogurt based marinade. Bake the chicken pieces until juicy and tender, with nice crispy skin and plenty of flavor.
If you love crispy chicken skin, try our Chicken Thighs with Mushroom Herb Pan Sauce. Tender, juicy and inexpensive chicken thighs are always a terrific addition to the weeknight recipe rotation. Simmered gently in our rich and flavorful pan sauce, these versatile thighs may be your new family favorite!
Finally, if you have plenty of leftover cooked chicken, make these inexpensive, freezable Southwest Roll-ups. They are the perfect grab and go lunch!
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be cooking friends! If you make our recipe please feel free to leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. If you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one!
If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates.
Spicy Honey Lime Chicken Thigh Recipe
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- juice of 1 lime (about 1 ½ tablespoons)
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha dry seasoning, more or less to taste (or substitute your favorite seasoning blend)
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8 thighs)
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed chili pepper flakes (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- sliced lime wedges for serving
- Combine the garlic, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine, set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken thighs with the dry Sriracha seasoning blend.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and heat until shimmering. Add the chicken thighs in a single layer. Cook the chicken until browned on both sides; 4-5 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic lime sauce. Cook the chicken, turning and stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 7-10 minutes. The sauce will thicken and caramelize and reduce slightly.
- Sprinkle the chicken with crushed chili pepper flakes and parsley, if desired. Serve over your favorite cooked pasta or rice. Garnish with fresh lime slices if desired.
- Use a large non-stick skillet so the sauce doesn’t burn as it caramelizes
- Chicken breasts or chicken cutlets can be substituted for the thighs but need to cook a bit longer.
Saving Room for Dessert is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you.