This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Enjoy this Easy Spicy Honey Lime Chicken Thigh Recipe made with boneless, skinless chicken thighs. The chicken cooks quickly and is finished in a delicious garlic infused sauce that’s sticky, sweet and spicy, with a tart citrus tang from the lime juice. We’ve got so much flavor going on here … nothing boring about this chicken dinner!
We were so thrilled with our Spicy Honey Lime Shrimp, I knew it would be terrific adapted for this juicy chicken thigh recipe. To add a little more depth to the flavor, we brought soy sauce to the party which turned out to be the perfect compliment for the sweet honey and fresh lime juice. The spicy base comes from the dry Sriracha Seasoning but if you can’t find it in your store, feel free to use your favorite spice blend. If you’re on Amazon you can find the seasoning there too. Check out the link at the bottom of this post.
This chicken thigh recipe is best cooked in a non-stick skillet to avoid burning the sauce as it caramelizes.
If you can wait to get the chicken thigh recipe to the table, it’s terrific served over rice or pasta, basically anything that will help you sop up every drop of zesty sauce. Crusty bread works great too! Served with a side of steamed broccoli or oven roasted green beans, this chicken thigh recipe is super satisfying and very delicious!
Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or cilantro leaves and sliced lime wedges.
Do you know you can freeze chopped fresh herbs? I really hate to waste food and if I buy a bundle of fresh parsley or cilantro at the store, I want to use it all before it goes bad. If you have some in your vegetable drawer too, chop up the leaves and dump them directly into a airtight freezer safe container. The herbs don’t even stick together once frozen and even retain a good bit of their beautiful color. Whenever you need a garnish or a few tablespoons of fresh herbs, check the freezer for your stash!
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be cooking friends! If you make our recipe please feel free to leave a comment and a star rating on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
Spicy Honey Lime Chicken Thigh Recipe
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- juice of 1 lime, about 1 1/2 tablespoons
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha dry seasoning, more or less to taste (or substitute your favorite seasoning blend)
- 1 3/4 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8 thighs) (chicken breasts work well too but need to cook longer)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed chili pepper flakes (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- sliced lime wedges for serving
- Combine the garlic, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine, set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken thighs with the dry Sriracha seasoning blend.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and heat until shimmering. Once the skillet is hot add the chicken thighs in a single layer. Cook the chicken until browned on both sides, 4-5 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic lime sauce and cook the chicken, turning and stirring occasionally, until done all the through, 7-10 minutes. The sauce will thicken and caramelize and reduce slightly.
- Sprinkle the chicken with crushed chili pepper flakes and parsley, if desired. Serve over your favorite cooked pasta or rice. Garnish with fresh lime slices if desired.
Kitchen essentials – we love a big non-stick skillet for this recipe – click on the photo for more information:
If you purchase something from Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog. Thanks for supporting SRFD!