This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
- 3 cups all-purpose bread flour extra for dusting
- 1/4 teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 3/4 cup water room temperature
- In a large bowl, mix flour, yeast and salt. Add water and stir until blended.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let dough rest at room temperature for at least 12 hours, or up to 18 to 20 hours.
- The dough will become swollen and bubbly. Spread 1/4 cup flour on the work surface. Dump the dough onto the floured surface. Sprinkle the top of the dough with more flour. Stretch the dough skyward and fold it over a few times. But don’t overwork the dough.
- Flour your hands and shape the dough into loaves. Place the loaves on a parchment lined baking sheet. Dust the top of the loaves with flour and cover with plastic wrap. Let them rise for 30 minutes while you pre-heat the oven to 475 degrees. A few minutes before it’s time to bake the bread, add a pie pan filled with 1 inch of water to the bottom rack of the oven. Bake the bread on the middle rack for about 20 minutes or until it’s a nice nutty brown. Cool on rack. Serve!
Adapted from a recipe on Tasty Kitchen posted by bermtopia.